Welcome to the Red Sox Unfiltered‘s own 2019 Boston Red Sox player previews. With the New Year officially underway, the Boston Red Sox are officially focused and locked in on defending their World Series title. While a lot of the cast and crew is back, it’s a whole new year and anything is possible.
Check out all of our previews for the players who comprise the 2019 Boston Red Sox. We have sorted the list into two groupings, sorted alphabetically: guys who will certainly make the Opening Day roster, and the prospects/fringe candidates on the 40-man roster.
2019 Boston Red Sox Previews: The Opening Day Locks
- Matt Barnes 2019 Preview (RP)
- Andrew Benintendi 2019 Preview (LF)
- Mookie Betts 2019 Preview (RF)
- Xander Bogaerts 2019 Preview (SS)
- Jackie Bradley Jr. 2019 Preview (CF)
- Ryan Brasier 2019 Preview (RP)
- Rafael Devers 2019 Preview (3B)
- Nathan Eovaldi 2019 Preview (SP)
- J.D. Martinez 2019 Preview (DH/OF)
- Dustin Pedroia 2019 Preview (2B)
- David Price 2019 Preview (SP)
- Chris Sale 2019 Preview (SP)
On The 40-Man Roster
- Colten Brewer (RP)
- Michael Chavis (3B/1B)
- Darwinzon Hernandez (SP)
- Travis Lakins (RP)
- Bobby Poyner (RP)
- Chandler Shepherd (SP)
- Josh Taylor (RP)
Interested in the future of the Red Sox? Make sure to check out our Red Sox Prospects scouting reports.